Re: no lab facilities

At 12:36 PM -0500 1/26/00, Richard W. Tarara wrote:

BTW: The foam balls are $3 a dozen from Oriental Trading,

Lots of 'interesting' (super cheap) stuff can be had from Oriental Trading Co.
whose catalog now includes http://www.TeacherCentral.com
I haven't surfed their site yet, but have purchased several
times from the catalog

you can get decent stop watches for under $10,
^^^^^^
In this great country of ours (US of A - sorry for the moment of
chauvinism) the word 'DECENT' means VERY different things to
different people. Especially here in the Bible Belt.

I would NOT call the <$10 stopwatches 'decent' unless your budget for
yearly expendables is sufficient to replace them regularly. YMMV but
I find that you 'get what you pay for' with stop watches.

and a tape measure or two is then all you need to do this experiment!

'Dollar' stores are often carrying cloth tape measures 2/$1.00 that
include the metric scale as well as pagan (US) units. (and NO, I'm
NOT diss'ing my fellow pagans!)

('Dollar' stores also carry disposable headsets for equipping
computer labs with earphones instead of speakers)

britton@academic.ncssm.edu you have forgotten everything
(919) 286-3366 x224 Albert Einstein, 1936