Re: Something to keep in mind!

On Tue, 25 Jan 2000 21:45:06 +0100 Mark Sylvester <msylvest@SPIN.IT>
writes:
Just a couple of hours ago I was setting up a series of labs with a
colleague, and we looked at a practical physics book where there was
a reference to "a 45 rpm gramophone record". "They won't know what
that is" I said.

According to Webster's New World Dictionary of the American Language.
A "gramophone" is an "arbitrary inversion of PHONOGRAM, chiefly
Brit. var. of PHONOGRAPH.

Mark .... I wonder whether you colleague knoew that herself.

Herb Gottlieb from New York City
(Where gramophones are found in our antique shops on 6th Aveenue)