physics first?

Our high school is considering the shift to "physics first." This means
trying to present a meaningful physics course to freshman students who have some exposure to algebra, but generally not geometry, and certainly not trig.
If you have any experience with this approach and have an opinion, or a reference to research, please let me know. What topics would be best suited for such a course? What problems might we anticipate? Thanks for your input. (I have been away from phys-l for some time, so if there has been previous discussion of this topic, please let me know when and I'll check the archives.)
-Sheri Donovan
New Trier High School
Winnetka, IL