Re: Vacuum Pump Oil

Title: RE: Vacuum Pump Oil

DA:  I asked our shop people regarding your question and I received the following -- altered a bit by me to remove some confusing things resulting from Mr. Taylor's not understanding the PHYS-L business attached to your note.  I hope this is helpful.

HGV

David,

Generally,Vacuum Pump Oil is a high purity, low vapor pressure, mineral
based, nondetergent oil (not to be confused with motor oil) Here at ASU,
our Chemistry Lab Store keeps a supply on hand that can be used in several
major brand vacuum pumps. You
should be able to obtain vacuum pump oil very quickly by calling
McMaster-Carr at 562-692-5911 One gallon Part#1385K22 $12.08 Five gallons
Part #1385K23 $38.96 The loss of oil through your pump could be simple as
replacing a shaft seal/gaskets or major overhaul.

Bob Taylor
Supervisor
Mechanical Instrument Shop
Dept: of Physics and Astronomy
ARIZONA STATE UNIVERSITY

Friends:  The area code for ASU and my home has changed to 480.
Howard G. Voss
Professor and Chair
Department of Physics and Astronomy
PO Box 871504
Tempe, AZ  85287-1504
Phone:  480-965-6794
Fax:  480-965-8093
e-mail: howard.voss@asu.edu
Executive Assistant:
Denise Jackson
denise.jackson@asu.edu
Departmental Receptionist:  480-965-3561