Re: Snake Oil

Howard Voss wrote:

--Boundary_(ID_vkUXF1GtdMdx22QZ1zQE4g)

Friends:
I like the following story I heard or read (MAYBE in Tony French's book on
Bohr) about N. Bohr. If it's not true, it should be -- about someone.

A graduate student, having been invited to the Bohr home for dinner was
startled to see a horse shoe nailed above the door. Said the student:
'Professor Bohr, surely you don't believe in that good luck superstition.'
To which Bohr replied, 'No, I don't, but I understand that it works even if
you don't believe in it.'

Howard Voss

Howard, my guess is that it is one of those legendary stories, because I heard it as a comment from Ben Franklin! But I agree--if it didn't happen that way, it should have.

--
Van E. Neie Ph: 765-494-5511
Purdue University FAX: 765-494-0706

"We find comfort among those who agree with us, growth among those who don't."
---F. Clark