Re: Hewitt blew it again

Ideally, you want to use a magnetic release such as are used
with the demo of the monkey and the hunter. Failing this, you might
try having a person do several drops of free masses and get some
statistics on time intervals between contact with the floor of the
free masses. This will give you a measure of the resolution of your
experiment.
The free mass data with different size masses will give you
a nice check on Galileo, who was known to be very unreliable.
Regards,
Jack

Adam was by constitution and proclivity a scientist; I was the same, and
we loved to call ourselves by that great name...Our first memorable
scientific discovery was the law that water and like fluids run downhill,
not up.
Mark Twain, <Extract from Eve's Autobiography>