From: David Bowman <David_Bowman@GEORGETOWNCOLLEGE.EDU>
To: <PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu>
Sent: Monday, January 10, 2000 12:43 PM
Subject: Re: zero-length vectors (was: displacement)

Regarding the part of John Denker's response to Peter Schoch's post
where
he wrote:

-- Consider the analogy to the question "what is three miles north of
the
north pole?" ... there are some questions that should be left
unanswered.

It seems to me that a better geographic analogy involving the North Pole
is: "what is the longitude of the North Pole?"

David Bowman
David_Bowman@georgetowncollege.edu