Re: Is the FCI valid?

The Iowa Test of Basic Skills is given in the fourth
grade. I believe school and/or district averages are
published alongside national averages in most local
newspapers. If the information isn't printed here or
this isn't accessible to you, I'm sure it could be
obtained from the district given a few phone calls.

Kansas gives a state assesment test to 10th graders to
measure reading, writing, math, and science abilities.
In my experience the tests are generally laughed by
teachers and students. The students don't care
because they know they won't be graded as an
individual. The teachers dislike the tests because
they are passed down from the state board of education
on high and reflect little real education. In the
current situation it's much more politics than
education. Administrators tout their scores as being
higher than the state average or other local
districts'. I don't know what the situation is like
in other states.

Zach Wolff