Re: grade inflation, etc.

According to the records, Franklin did go to school but it was only
for two years. He excelled in reading, was fair in writing, and did
poorly in arithmetic. Considering his successes that followed in
these areas, it is apparent that there was very little grade inflation
in those days.

Apparently no grade inflation. I don't know anything about his arithmetic
later in life. I would say that "fair in writing" isn't inflated, but also
is a poor predictor of later accomplishments.

Digby