Re: turbojet riddle

Here's another way to look at John's question:
John is showing you the steady state.
(1) What makes the steady state stable against (not very large)
perturbations?
(2) How does one get to the steady state from rest?
Regards,
Jack

Adam was by constitution and proclivity a scientist; I was the same, and
we loved to call ourselves by that great name...Our first memorable
scientific discovery was the law that water and like fluids run downhill,
not up.
Mark Twain, <Extract from Eve's Autobiography>