Polygraph Screening

P. Johnson wrote:
Mr. Maschke's "exposé" on polygraph screening smacks of the garbage
that the
KGB used to and probably still does put out.
...and...
I think I will not read your open diatribe to Secretary Richardson.

I may be a newcomer to this list, but I think I understand some of the
basics
of the relevant netiquette. First off, it's rather rude of Dr. Johnson
waste our time with a flame against Mr. Maschke without having even read

Maschke's article. Also, Dr. Johnson seems to want to focus the debate
on
personalities rather than issues. Really, I thought red-baiting had gone

out of style with the end of the cold war. And finally, Dr. Johnson, you

might want to go over your own reasoning more carefully before sending
it
out to hundreds of people: it really makes no sense to accuse Mr.
Maschke
of KGB-style disinformation when your posting does not attempt to refute

any of his facts. Could we please have a more reasoned dialog and a more

considerate use of bandwidth?

Ben Crowell
Fullerton College