cluttered mail

Regarding mail to the list and through the list to the ultimate readers:
I like many others choose to get the digest form of the list. The software
that prepares that offers a convenience at a price. Regardless of what
the reader's software can or cannot do on individual messages, the list
software salvages what it can of clear text and then repeats a bunch of
stuff with formatting commands printed out.
Unlike reading individual items when I can skip unwanted tails, the only way
I can get to later messages in the digest is to scroll through the garbage.
the other problem is the continuing one of people who quote entire
I have read on another list that there is a place under a SEND menu
that this "feature" could be turned off. It would really be helpful
if senders were able to find this switch.
Thank you.
Jim Braunsdorf