Re: Binary stars

Jack wrote:

Ludwik's circle is at a distance r from the origin and has
a velocity vector that is confined to a plane. The L=1 orbit has
a substantial part of its volume lying inside of a sphere with
radius equal to its "classical radius".

Whose classical radius are you referring to and how large is it?
The diameter of my circle is 58 fermi. It corresponds to the
lowest possible integer of h_bar (larger than zero). Perhaps
the 10*h_bar would be "more semi-classical" than 1*h_bar, it
would predict a 100 times larger diameter and 10 times smaller
speeds.

Thanks for helping me to realize that 58 F is too short to prevent
rapid annihilation. You are right in saying that semi-classical
orbits, such as d=5800 F, are not long-lasting unless E1, M1
and E2 are forbidden (as in isomers). A "binary star" of p and
p_bar would indeed have a very short live span. High n states
decay rapidly, low n states anihillate. It was not a good analogy
of an astronomical binary system.

Ludwik Kowalski