Re: PHYS-L Attachments (was: I agree. LKS)

On Thu, 16 Dec 1999, Suzanne Willis wrote:

Rick writes:

Probably the biggest roadblock to HTML are those in the group still laboring
with their PINE (and equivalent) mail servers.

I MUCH prefer using PINE! I simply telnet into our system. I can
get through my mail quickly and simply. The advantages are speed, and not
having to download the mail into my desk computer which helps avoid virus
infection. If I really need to deal with attachments, only then do I
switch to Netscape.
GUI systems are intuitive and easy to use, but I've always found I
can use a text based system much faster. A single keystroke can be much
faster than pointing and clicking.

Mike Monce
Connecticut College