Re: Physics Textbook

PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu writes:
We will be adopting new physics textbooks next spring. Any suggestions
for
an algebra/trig based introductory physics class? The course is typically
taken by juniors and seniors. Marie

I still want to recommend the PSSC text. It suits my philosophy and style
wonderfully! Its labs are the best I know for guided inquiry. But the
final answer must depend on the goals of the course and the instructor's
comfort.

Regretably, I find that few students really read the text unless forced to
do so. They will use the assigned problems and then scan back through the
text looking for the equation..

Not too long ago the AAPT did a HS textbook review that I thought was
quite fair. I hope someone can help direct to the proper edition of TPT. I
cannot.

Ken Fox
AP/IB Physics Teacher
Smoky Hill High School