Re: VIDEO: taking electricity seriously

On Wed, 8 Dec 1999, Greg Puskar wrote:

At 08:15 AM 12/07/1999 -0600, you wrote:
A few years ago I saw a video called "Taking Electricity Seriously" at a
teachers' meeting. It was a collection of electrical accidents that were
accidentally captured on video, with appropriate narration concerning
electrical safety. I'd like to show it to my classes this year.

Does anyone know where to get this video?

This reminds me of a great video I saw as a new graduate student in
chemistry. It was a series of actual photos of injuries to the eyes and
face that were caused because the victim wasn't wearing the proper
goggles, helmets, whatever. The video featured a very dramatic reading
from the narrator and a gong sounded before each picture was displayed.
The pictures themselves were amazing. We all laughed as we watched it
because of the silly way in which it was presented. The best picture
showed about 1/4" of a 16-penny nail sticking out of a guy's head right
above his eye. It didn't say, but we all assumed that he probably didn't
have to worry about "feeling that one in the morning."

-Tim

--
Timothy Wilson | "The faster you | Check out:
Henry Sibley H.S. | go, the shorter | http://slashdot.org/