Re: Amplitude and pitch of sound waves

You want to be careful about listening to music with lots of wolf tones and
the like, or at least
be aware of the risks involved.

Years ago I went to a folk dance workshop for a week end which featured
Polish music. I don't
mean Pittsburgh Polish. I mean the authentic stuff from the rural areas of
Poland. The
instruments sounded mis-tuned to my ears, much more so than the bit of
mis-tuning I
associate with Mariachi music. I think "really funky" best describes the
effect.

Well, after three days and nights of this, (I had a wonderful time), I
found I could not,
for the life of me, tune my guitar anymore. My ears just would not respond
in the standard
way to what I would have called mis-tuning. If I was playing with someone,
I had to have them
tune the guitar for me.

It was at least ten years before I got my ears back.

Beware!

JSM