Re: COLLISION 2

At 02:19 11/29/99 -0700, you wrote:
Brian, David is postulating an appropriately constructed "giant spring"
which is strong enough to stop moving freight cars!!! This "giant spring"
could not be ideal as its internal energy must increase by ~half the KE of
the freight cars, which it could do by being flexed, which it clearly
reasonable because it is constructed of flubonium. I have such a spring in
my collection of demo toys. Such a spring is not available at CENCO
because flubonium is very rare.///
Jim

Ah yes, eliding the spring plus damper concept to a 'spring' for
beginners.
I understand that. In fact I suspect I used the same conceptual
elision earlier.

brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net>
Altus OK