Re: COLLISION 2

At 15:25 11/28/99 -0700, Jim Green wrote:

[David]
I have tried thinking of the deformation as a giant spring between the
two cars.///

David, this seems OK -- but I would add that the spring would be very hot
///
Jim Green

What can have heated the spring 'very hot'?
Did we not work an example case of a spring as heavily loaded as it
could be - yet the temperature rise in degrees could be counted on
the fingers of one hand? David was postulating only one compression
stroke or one compression and one relaxation stroke, respectively.

brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net>
Altus OK