Re: COLLISION

The problem here as I see it is that we want to use supposedly convenient
shorthand language and then we forget it is short hand.

I have to keep reminding my students that I have adopted the
caloric metaphor when I speak, e.g., of "energy transfer". I
*do* remind them, however! I can't protect them from the
outside world, nor do I want to. I can influence their view
of that world, however, and that's what I'm doing when I
teach.

Leigh