Re: R: current/water analogy

At 11:30 AM 11/22/99 +0100, you wrote:
I have mixed feelings regarding this message. I'm afraid giving tips to
decode similar attachments will be an incentive to their use. But when
the attachment is already there, someone may wish to be able to decode
it.
I will trust the wisdom of the list, giving out my way:
1. I select the coded part, boundaries included, and copy it;
2. I create a blank notepad file and paste the copied text;
3. I save the file as nome.txt;

It will be better if you save it as name.b64 file.

regards,

sarma.
4. I open a new WinZip archive and drag-and-drop the text file;
5. WinZip automatically unencode the file and show it as the original
file (e.g., a DOC file);
6. Now I extract the file to a directory and open it.

In my opinion, it is still MUCH better to avoid attachments.

Best regards,

Paolo Cavallo