From: Joel Rauber [mailto:Joel_Rauber@SDSTATE.EDU]
Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 1999 6:23 AM
To: PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu
Subject: State of Academe (long)

I got this from a colleague in our music department and thought it might be
of interest. Particularly the irascible professor might take note.

Came across a really funny article in the Cornell Alumni News and I thought
others in academia might enjoy it, so I scanned it in and here it is:

THAT'S EDUTAINMENT _ _

Every semester, as required by the university, I distribute and collect
evaluations of my course in American studies, taking class time to make

snip....