R: This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

----- Original Message -----
From: Mike <pic@gn.apc.org>
To: <pynchon-l@waste.org>
Cc: <ehzumbac@prodigy.net>
Sent: Sunday, November 14, 1999 9:40 PM
Subject: This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

... multipart MIME messages don't only come
across screwed up themselves but remove all formatting from all the
following messages in a p-list digest. Of course I may simply be ignorant
and have to toggle some switch in my email programme (Eudora Pro at the mo)
but... Anyone help or comment?

This is not YOUR fault. It is the machinery of the listserv that does that to
MIME messages. I have my mail client setted to all the possible glamorous
formatting, but I get the MIME messages the same way you get them. There is
only one immediate solution: restraining oneself from HTML-formatting any
message going to a mailing list. I think everybody teaching physics should be
able to do that. Doing otherwise is misbehaving.

Forgive my poor English.

Paolo Cavallo - ITALY