Re: post from a "lurking" woman

Hi-
Pls go to http://www.hep.anl.gov/jlu/ and click on the link to
Calculus(ps). You will get the introduction, chapters 1,2 and 30 and
table of contents to a radically new and different calculus text by
David Tartakoff (UIC) and myself.
Ok, here comes a post from a "lurking" woman. I am on an editorial review
board for Springer-Verlag. We are publishing a new series of text books
called "Undergraduate Texts in Contemporary Physics". I thought that Thomas
von Foerster's note might be of interest to people on this list. Please
contact Tom if you are interested. Also if anyone is writing (or thinking
about writing) a text please get in touch with me (schwarz@vassar.edu). We
are looking for books!!! I can let you know if your idea might fit in this
series. Give it a go! To those of you who have never written a book, trust
me, from someone who never thought she would write anything, give it a shot.

Cindy Schwarz
***********************************
This is a text for people who want to learn to use calculus for
solving problems - in itself a radically new idea in the teaching of math.
Regards,
Jack

"I scored the next great triumph for science myself,
to wit, how the milk gets into the cow. Both of us
had marveled over that mystery a long time. We had
followed the cows around for years - that is, in the
daytime - but had never caught them drinking fluid of
that color."
Mark Twain, Extract from Eve's
Autobiography