Re: lightbulbs and coffee cans

At 14:03 11/11/99 +0000, Barlow Newbolt wrote:
Gang:
The story about the light bulbs reminds me of an incident
that happened to my sister. She was teaching in a small
day-care/nursery-school environment. ...
the teaching staff and the children []
were not discouraged, and they eventually found out what
was going on. They had to check the literature, find a
consultant who would work free (yours truly), and be
certain about their experimental facts, but they did
eventually figure it out! ... WBN

Barlow Newbolt

Is this anecdote intended to be a scathing indictment? -
or am I to construe it as high praise?

That a day care group checked the literature (!)
and consulted a domain expert (!!)
to discover a truth that eluded Galileo (!!!)
is ..well.. astonishing.

And that's what I CALL an experimental proposal.

(But, yes, we didn't hear about the many well-intentioned folks
who gave up on it - blaming themselves, I suppose...)

Sincerely

brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net>
Altus OK