Utility of dynamic resistance

Some questions have been raised about the utility of dynamic
resistance (delta-V/delta-I). In teaching about devices such as Zener
diodes, I have found that the concept helps students to understand how the
device responds to small changes in voltage (big current change for small
voltage change), and thus why they need to include a means for limiting the
current through the Zener. There are many other examples of its utility.

Mark
http://www.IrascibleProfessor.com
K6OGD