Re: melting butter in a microwave - addendum

Carl E. Mungan wrote:

Oops, I just wrote:

So if we look at a real microwave beam, it would seem to me it carries some
rates of entropy S_dot and energy E_dot, but its temperature T is *not*
E_dot/S_dot in general.

Carl, I'm sending this off line because it's off the subject. But I'm confused
on the use and meaning of the _ key in computer programming, e-mail messages,
and other similar applications. Specifically, what's the difference between S
dot and S_dot?

poj