Re: L2-"Negotiating" a curve.

I am quite aware of the differential but unless you have different tricycles
than I've seen this doesn't apply. I've never seen a commercial tricycle
with a
differential - they all have solid axles with one gear attached to a chain
attached to another gear attached to pedals. Even with a differential there
would be some "slip" as the tires twisted on the vertical axis (unless you are
going to consider the ideal situation where only one point of the tire is in
contact with the road).

I lived in Cambridge, England for a while. Commercial tricycles with
differentials are not that uncommon. See Sharp's book (cited earlier
today). Articles 144. and 189. deal with tricycle differentials, but
not of the type I saw in Cambridge. I think you would find the rest
of the book very interesting, too. It is, in essence, a mechanics
textbook that uses bicycles (or related animals) for its examples.

Leigh