Re: testing vs. teaching

----- Original Message -----
From: Chuck Britton <britton@ODIE.NCSSM.EDU>

It will be difficult to change the ETS when EVERY can of food on the
supermarket shelf lists it's weight in both grams and ounces (or kg
and pounds). US society as a whole has a LONG way to go before our
'Physically Correct' (PC) opinions become mainstream.

This is why I try to meet the 'real world' half-way. I teach that what
these cans are saying (implied) is that the weight of 1 kg is 2.2 pounds,
etc. There is an equivalence (in fact a useful one), but it is just not
explicitly spelled out in common usage. ;-)

Rick