Re: Weight, Mass & Force - Educational Testing Service Responds

Arlyn DeBruyckere wrote:
Should I bother to respond? Or maybe on the next physics test I should
give full credit to the student that uses 78 grams for weight?!

Jim Green wrote:
Give us this twit's address. I for one will give him/her (I shall address
him.her as Ms) further chance to appreciate comments.

I think you are making a mountain out of a molehill.

ETS has listened to the concern, and responded in a logical and polite
manner. It is clear they understand your concern precisely. It is also
clear that they view the "verbal" section of the PSAT/NMSQT as a test of
general language usage, as opposed to a test of technical nomenclature
for specific intellectual pursuits. This seems to me a quite reasonable
position considering what they are trying to accomplish.

\\//,

Larry
Larry Cartwright <exit60@ia4u.net>
Physics and Physical Science Teacher