Re: L1-Forces on Free Falling Objects

Hi Scott:
Objects never have forces in them. They exert forces on each other.
And they do not overcome objects. Your teacher will explain.

jmanor wrote:

I'm a senior in a high school physics class and were studying Newton's
Third Law. When reading one of the examples of acting and reacting
forces in my text, I was baffled. They gave an example of a boulder
falling towards the earth with the earth's gravity pulling down on the
boulder and the boulder pulling up on the earth. I was thinking that if
every falling object had a force within them that pulled up on the
earth, than eventually a force could be found to overcome earth's