Re: Where are the girls?

Mark,
I did not use the word "girls" in the body of my message
(see below). Why am I not allowed to use it in the title?
I was paraphrasing boys who often ask such questions.
Everybody knows what I was asking about, the actual
word used is far less important.

No I am not a male chauvinist. On the contrary, I would
like to see more women's names below the messages
contributing to our exciting debates. I have no idea how
many phys-L-ers are women; I did not pay attention when
the "head counting" was conducted about three years ago.

"Shapiro, Mark" wrote:

As far as I know there aren't any "girls" in physics, only women.

Does the number of contributions from males, on
phys-L, correspond to their actual percentage on
the list? Or does it correspond to something else?

Ludwik Kowalski