Re: why pseudowork (NOT)

I'm confused by your analysis here. There's no reason to believe that
there was no energy transfered from one block to the other. It might be
that way; it might not.

On the other hand this language is not helpful either. If one wants to use
"transfer of energy" as a concept, not only need one be very cautious, but
there needs be a very careful explanation of what is meant in physics terms.

It would be best , in my view, just not to use the phrase of "transfer of
energy"!

The only way to change energy is to do work! -- at least in my world.

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com
http://users.sisna.com/jmgreen