From: John Mallinckrodt <ajmallinckro@CSUPOMONA.EDU>
To: <PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu>
Sent: Friday, October 29, 1999 10:28 AM
Subject: Re: why pseudowork (NOT)

Both Ludwik and Rick find my problem flawed. I posed it precisely because
I thought the physics to be almost transparent. Am I missing something?
Would someone please explain the perceived difficulty?

A 2 kg block and a 1 kg block head toward each other with equal and
opposite velocities of magnitude 1 m/s. After colliding, the 2 kg
block is at rest. How much work was done on the 1 kg block?

BTW, it will help my diagnosis to know as well how much work you would say
is done on the 2 kg block.