Re: Energy as ability to do work

If we accept the idea of the quantum mechanical 'Zero Point' energy,
then we are accepting a form of energy that is NOT capable of doing
work. (to the best of current technology and understanding)

I tell my HS kids that Energy is too important to be limited by a definition.
As are ALL of the most important words in ANY field of study.