Re: KE & temperature (was: Newton's 3rd law? ...)

David,

I would like to hear a little more about why you find the usual derivation
mentioned below to be not what it is cracked up to be; i.e. the "holes" in
the derivation. I only quoted you in part below, but I gather you do find
some value in the derivation; but I'm interested in your criticisms.

Joel

Actually, I thought I was the one who was defending your
post. Your post
recognized that the usual pressure on the walls calculation
for an assumed
ideal gas was not the proof it was cracked up to be, and even your AP
student saw this themselves.