Re: Astronomy List

At the ASTROED 99 conference in Sydney in July this year the
attendees (including some from the US) expressed interest in having
an Astronomy Education listserver set up. We are happy to set one up
here, if there is sufficient interest. We could probably implement
it in December/January.
I have asked the organisers of the conference for a list of the
emails of the people involved, so that I can see who is still keen to
be on such a list. In the meantime, I'd be pleased to hear from
anyone on Phys-l who would be interested in taking part in an
"astroed-l" type list - from the primary, secondary, post-secondary
or public education areas. Please email me personally rather than
clogging up phys-l.
Cheers
Margaret

Dr. Margaret Mazzolini,
Astronomy Course Coordinator
Swinburne Centre for Astrophysics & Supercomputing
BSEE, Swinburne University of Technology
P.O. Box 218, Hawthorn VIC 3122 Australia
email: mmazzolini@swin.edu.au
phone: (61 3) 9214 8084 fax: (61 3) 9819 0856

Visit Swinburne Astronomy Online, online courses in Astronomy
http://www.swin.edu.au/astronomy