Re: Newton's 3rd law?

At 16:48 10/19/99 -0500, Ludwik wrote:
..."as soon as an object A (magnet or sun) starts
acting on an object B (iron block, planet) the object B starts acting on A
with the force of equal magnitude"? ["A starts acting on B" means that
B starts experiencing an effect of A. I will clarify this, and the "as soon
as" at the end.]

I am anticipating a reply in the form of "in whose frame of reference?".
My answer, without too much thinking, would be "it does not matter".
It is probably wrong. But where is the error? ...
Ludwik Kowalski

[In considering a long train moving on an embankment]

"Events which are simultaneous with reference to the embankment are not
simultaneous with respect to the train, and vice versa (relativity of
simultaneity)"

Relativity (A Popular Exposition)
A. Einstein tr. R W Lawson Pub: Crown Press NY

Sincerely

brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net>
Altus OK