Re: More and more weight/mass Units

Not to further muddify things at all, but I've known several British
people who tell me their weight in "stones" - something I've never seen
in a Physics book. Does anybody know anything about this unit? Is it
weight or mass? The "British" unit of "slug" only ever seems to appear
in American Physics books. Check out
http://www.speckdesign.com/Tweight.html for more weight/mass conversions
than you ever cared to see. This calculator translated my weight (200
pounds) to 14.3 stone, though I think calling myself 3.5 million carats
has some appeal!

The scale in my downstairs bathroom reads in stones and
pounds. This morning I weighed 13. 0. Tomorrow I hope
it reads 12.13. I bought the scale last summer. My wife
and I like it better than the larger one in our upstairs
bathroom because we weigh less on it. That is amazing,
given their relative locations!

Leigh