Re: revision of Newton's Second Law

At 01:29 PM 10/18/99 +0000, Barlow Newbolt wrote:
I have been good. I have been holding my tongue, but
everybody just had to start with the slugs and the
poundals!

Sorry.

Things are just about crazy enough that I can
introduce you to a new form of Newton's Second Law. I did
not make this up--I found it in a book.

F = m (a/g)

Now F is in pounds and m is in pounds. Doesn't that really
clarify things!

Yup, that sets a new record for craziness.
That's particularly exciting when g=0 as in a spaceship.

copyright (C) 1999 John S. Denker jsd@monmouth.com