Re: Electronic balances was A weighty subject

Brian McInnes wrote:

Here in English-speaking metric (for nearly 30 years) Australia, when
we get off bathroom scales that read 80 kg we say that our weight is
80 kg. If, perchance, we spoke about it in the physics tea-room, we
would say that our weight was 80kg (not 800 N or that our mass were
80kg). Once we get into the physics lecture-room or laboratory we
immediately move into the "800 N or mass of 80kg" mode.

Brian, during the two years I lived in Australia, I didn't hear my many
native friends speak English. They spoke 'Strine.

poj