Re: A weighty subject

Leigh,
You confuse me! It seems you first accept Daniell's definition as
equivalent to your own and as "equivalent to the definitions in all
textbooks" . Then you say that your definition is "more accurate and more
useful than the conventional definition." Which is it? (Perhaps I
mis-read).

Perhaps I was unclear. Daniell's definition is traditional; I'm
advocating a different definition. Daniell says g represents the
gravitational force. I think it should represent the inertial
force which is measured in the laboratory by a scale.

Leigh