Re: A weighty subject

Robert Carlson wrote:

I do agree that PHYS-L is a place to talk about definitions and their
shortcomings. However, it is not the place to chuck them out or redefine
them.

Having said that, I've always thought the meter was too long.

I wonder if the French also thought that when it was forced down their throats.
The English and Americans had inches and feet, but how did the French measure
length before the revolution?

poj