Re: operationally inertial frames

On Wed, 13 Oct 1999, A. R. Marlow wrote:

I don't think it's nitpicking to point out that, if the shaking of the
earth were at all fast, the structure of the earth would be altered
(shape, Etc., crushed? smashed?) from the application of the forces needed
to do the job. I think that would be pretty noticeable, locally and
globally.

Not true. The forces are applied inertially so there is exactly zero
deformation.