Re: A weighty subject

As a high school teacher, I teach that weight is the force of gravity (symbol F
with subscript g, just like electrical forces is F with subscript e, etc.).
The symbol W is used only for work. When I was in Dr. Rauber's class a few
years ago I did use mg as he instructed but with my students I find they
understand this better although I still have some students at the end of the
year that think 45 Kg should be the "F" in the equation F=mg.

--
Arlyn DeBruyckere
Hutchinson High School