Re: undergrad physics course sequence

I feel that modern physics must cover that kind of subjects.
I work in a small school for bachelor degree in Physics. We are
inside a big department of Physics teaching more than 2000
students from differente carrers. So that we have groups from
one to six students and the administration must accept courses
for this quantities. Clearly, the courses are better when one has
good students.

There are a mandatory course in the last semester (8th), after
two courses about quantum mechanics and two courses about
mathematical methods. If we have one or two good students it is
possible to study general relativity at the level of Foster and Nightingale
(35 hours in seven weeks) and the standard model at the level of Cottingham
and
Greenwood (35 to 40 hours in 7-8 weeks). We can not study all the
books certainly. Just the basic points to train the student to study
by himself.

Arnulfo Castellanos