A glimpse.

The question is HOW TO ACCOMPLISH THIS? How much is
enough to be worth doing in an introductory course? How much
is one glimpse? In my case they get a micro-glimpse, or less. But
this is because my own background is limited to glimpses. And
this is likely to be typical.
Ludwik Kowalski

Cliff Parker wrote:

.... We are not simply in the business of training people fort
future employment. We are in the education business. If we
allow our students to pass through even an introductory physics
class without raising the curtain a bit, and allowing them a glimpse
of G.R. and quantum physics I think we have done them a
disservice.