Re: What is weight? (was Re: Internal or external?)

Most engineers (who do indeed
comprise the great majority of my students) may never have any genuine
need to go beyond that world, although it saddens me to think of such
talented folks missing out on the awesome beauty of twentieth century
physics.*

I don't think we should allow them to miss out. We are not simply in the business
of training people for future employment. We are in the education business. If
we allow our students to pass through even an introductory physics class without
raising the curtain a bit, and allowing them a glimpse of G.R. and quantum physics
I think we have done them a disservice.

Cliff Parker