From: Joel Rauber [mailto:Joel_Rauber@SDSTATE.EDU]
Sent: Friday, October 08, 1999 1:28 PM
To: PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu
Subject: UCLA physics course (non-rant)

I checked the on-line syllabus of the infamous UCLA Physics 10 course and
found it interesting that "C" is referred as the minimum passing grade. At
our university "D" is the minimum passing grade. We do require a 2.0 GPA
for graduation which does mean for every passing "D" you make you must at
least make an equally weighted "B". And there are some individual grade
requirements in some majors for some specific courses or set of courses.

What is the state of affairs at other institutions in the Phys-L community??

Joel Rauber
Joel_Rauber@sdstate.edu