Re: phys-L deteriorating?

Because it is the depression and boring phase just after the semester
begins. The reality of our attempts to educate those who would not be
educated begins to, once again, creep in. The adrenaline rush of the
"new beginnings" is replaced by "haven't I answered that question
before?" But still we hope and get infused with meaning when we see the
light go on in one of our students eyes.

So, in a few days, or weeks, someone will ask a challenging question on
Phys-L and we will once again join the fray.

But it is a noble and rewarding profession. The truth is that Phys-L is
deteriorating because we are not eating enough chulupas.

Ray Rogoway

--
The woods are lovely, dark, and deep
And I have no more papers in a heap